Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Righteous Judgment

Often I catch myself wondering what is in the minds of people. Thirty-three years of law enforcement most assuredly jades an individual, but I cannot wrap my head around the hate, vile and outright filth people will say and write. I try and understand why people will latch onto an event that occurred some 20+ years ago and speak as if the event took place last week. What possess people to degrade a person, again using an event that took place over 20+ years ago?

I’m not a religious person by any stretch. I am not a bible thumper or born again anything. I grew up in a Catholic home, going to parochial school from first grade through high school. I served as an altar boy and participated in all the church offered. My wife and I were married in the church and have been together in marriage for almost 37 years (together over 40 in total). Our children were baptized into the church and were given a foundation of faith each have carried into their adult lives. I am no angel and surly not without fault or sin. The closest I come to being a choirboy, is Joseph Wambaugh’s description of one in his books of the same title. After this admission, I guess I should brace for the onslaught of hate. Those days long gone and mostly forgotten, at least by those of us who lived them and understand them. 

In Romans 2:1-2; God’s Righteous Judgment, the bible talks about those who judge others.

Therefore, you have no excuse or defense or justification, whoever you are who judges and condemns another. For, in posing as judge and passing sentence on another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge are habitually practicing the very same things that you censure and denounce.
So, when you, a mere man (or woman), pass judgment on them and you do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
I look at those who most often and with the loudest of voices cast their judgments and I believe this to be so very true.

In John 8; Jesus states,

“If any one of you is without sin, let him cast the first stone.”

I continue to struggle with, “why”. Why have a small group of disgruntled and angry people, filled with hate, chosen to latch onto an event that bears no significance today, 20+ years later. As I search for meaning and reason, I look at the bible and Matthew 7, where the bible talks again about judging others.

In the same way you judge others, you will be judged. If you judge with an evil heart or dark intent, His judgment of you will reflect it. If you use extremes, exaggerations or other ignoble means, His judgment of you will reflect that also.
Do not accuse others unless you first thoroughly search your own heart and mind to make certain you are pure in every possible way.
Remember, Jesus was the only sinless person.
I am at a loss to understand the righteous indignation of those who continue their assaults.

In John 8, Jesus said to the sinner, “Neither do I condemn thee; go, sin no more”.

The only person to inhabit this earth without sin, refused to condemn another. Yet, many have found it their right; their obligation; their duty; their privilege; their calling, to judge another. The ignoble means of those who self righteously judge and condemn, is pathetic. 

1 comment:

  1. Spot on!!!! You so called this!!!! Keith Wilson is such a creep and you know he is THAT guy. Creepy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when posting comments.